Marshall R. Sumrall, Cortez Attorney

Marshall R. Sumrall, Cortez Attorney

Serving Cortez, Durango, and Pagosa Springs
Contact Online | Payments

1423 East Main Street #155
Cortez, Colorado 81321
Phone: (970) 403-5385
Fax: (815) 301-8436

Filing for Divorce in Colorado*

Do I need a lawyer to file my divorce?

Not always. If you and your former partner can agree on the terms of your divorce you may file jointly. For some people this is the best option. However, when there are significant marital assets or children involved you should still seek the advice of an attorney. For example, if there are complicated property division matters such as co-ownership of a business, or other non-liquid assets that are difficult to value and divide, you may want professional advice. If you and your former partner can resolve your issues amicably, and you do not need professional representation, Marshall R. Sumrall offers assistance preparing the documents you will need for a flat fee.

Unfortunately, many divorces are not resolved on cooperative terms. If you cannot reach an agreement with your former partner you will have to file your divorce separately. Marshall R. Sumrall can prepare your filing as well. Simple divorce document preparation services are offered for a low flat fee. This may be the best option for you if there are no property or custody issues. If there are issues regarding property, debts, or child custody you should seek professional representation. Call now or inquire online to discuss your situation with an attorney.

How do I get a protection order?

Please see my tutorial on protection orders.


*The information on this website is not legal advice and it is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Contacting Marshall R. Sumrall does not create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is only formed when a retainer or fee agreement is signed.

© Copyright 2017 by Marshall R. Sumrall. All rights reserved.